Study in Australia From Bangladesh in 2024Dr Shafiq
Australia firmly ranks among the top study-abroad countries with eight globally renowned universities. However, you will feel more at home in Australia because of the strong Bangladeshi population. The most frequently chosen Australian city is Perth, followed by Brisbane, Melbourne, Adelaide, and Sydney. Australia’s special status is due to its providing top-notch education, cutting-edge technology, a vivid culture, and quality work. An overview of the opportunities for study in Australia from Bangladesh is briefed in the article below.
You will have a fair knowledge about the cost, visa, courses, universities, scholarship, eligibility, job opportunities, best places to live, and other requirements to Study in Australia From Bangladesh with a scholarship.
Why study in Australia?
Australia stimulates creativity, inspiration, and liberty of thought at its renowned universities worldwide. International students who study and reside in Australia rapidly discover that their education is challenging, helpful, and gratifying. As a Bangladeshi student studying in Australia, you can always anticipate living, learning, and developing in a young, welcoming nation full of opportunities and possibilities.
Upon successfully earning your degree from Australia, you will undoubtedly discover that you are in high demand in the current global employment market. Only thousands of students from all over the world travel to Australia to earn their prestigious degrees because of this unique chance. Furthermore, it is a culturally rich nation. Therefore, you can enjoy having a great time with the many populations from various parts of the world if you study in Australia.
Education System in Australia
Providing students with a top-notch education, Australian universities consistently place highly in the QS World Rankings and other comparison lists. Eight of the top 100 institutions in the world are located in Australia, which is remarkable given the QS World University Rankings 2021.
Please have a look at the comparison of the education system in Australia and Bangladesh
|Average years of schooling of adults||10.9 Ranked 6th. 4 times more than Bangladesh||2.6 Ranked 88th|
|College and university > Gender parity index||1.35 Ranked 39th. 92% more than Bangladesh||0.702 Ranked 71st.|
|Children out of school, primary||68,417 Ranked 39th||621,163 Ranked 10th. 9 times more than Australia|
|College and university > Share of total education spending||22.28% Ranked 42nd. 65% more than Bangladesh||13.5% Ranked 82nd.|
|Children out of school, primary per 1000||3.06 Ranked 68th.||4.11 Ranked 58th. 34% more than Australia|
|Children out of school, primary, female||29,573 Ranked 39th||125,134 Ranked 20th. 4 times more than Australia|
|Compulsory education duration||11 Ranked 41st. 2 times more than Bangladesh||5 Ranked 108th.|
|Government spending on education > Proportion of GDP||5.59% Ranked 41st. 3 times more than Bangladesh||2.23% Ranked 113th.|
(Source: UNESCO; UNESCO Institute for Statistics)
Best Courses To Study In Australia for Bangladeshi Students
For higher study in Australia from Bangladesh, these are various popular fields, a few we have listed below:
- Architecture: In Australia, landscape architecture is very significant. Over time, discipline has been given more emphasis.
- Engineering: Another popular field in Engineering. In addition to the main engineering fields, core and biomedical engineering are becoming more significant.
- Nursing: One of the most popular and sought-after courses after the pandemic or Covid 19. Compared to students who choose it for their diploma or master’s degree, more students choose nursing as their graduate major.
- Psychology: There has been a massive interest in this field recently. Australia has also adopted the practice.
- Accounting: In Australia, this industry is gradually increasing in prominence. More students are studying professional accounting and core accounting.
- IT and computer science: IT and computer science are well-liked fields worldwide. In this regard, Australia is hardly an exception.
- Agriculture: There are several opportunities for agricultural science students in Australia. You don’t even need a degree to relocate to Australia if you have work experience in the relevant sectors.
- Tourism and hospitality management: Australia is becoming more interested in this field of tourism and hospitality management, mainly because it is a nation that draws a lot of tourists.
In addition, studying in Australia from Bangladesh after HSC is possible with various opportunities. Study abroad choices are becoming more accessible to undergraduates as well. After graduating high school, students who want to study in Australia have many options.
In Australia, bachelor’s degrees are just as crucial as master’s degrees. So, the solution to your inquiry, “Can I study in Australia after I finish high school”—is yes, you have a long course list to choose from the top courses. Further, you may enroll in Australia after high school, along with the prerequisites for Australian colleges and universities.
- Study in the UK From Bangladesh
- Study in Canada From Bangladesh
- Low Tuition Fee Universities In the UK
Scholarship Opportunities for Bangladeshi Students in Australia
Many scholarship opportunities are available for Bangladeshi students who want to study in Australia. Some of the popular scholarship programs include Australia Awards Scholarships, Endeavour Scholarships and Fellowships, university-specific scholarships, and private scholarships. Boost Education Service has a detailed article about Australian scholarships for Bangladeshi students, which provides information on various scholarship programs, eligibility criteria, and application processes. Check out our website to learn more about these scholarship opportunities and how to apply.
Top 10 Best Universities in Australia for International Students
Australia is known for its top-notch education system and world-class universities. According to QS World University Rankings 2024 and other similar national and international rankings, the top 10 universities in Australia for international students are:
|Serial No.||Name of University||QS World Ranking 2024||Course Offered||IELTS Requirements||Average Tuition Fees (AUD)|
|1||University of Melbourne||14||PhD, PG, UG||6.5||AUD 27,500 – 60,914|
|2||University of Queensland||43||PhD, Graduate Diploma, Diploma, PG, UG||6.5||AUD 44,500 – 55,000|
|3||Australian National University||34||PhD, Graduate Diploma, Diploma, PG, UG||6.5||AUD 61,000 – 62,500|
|4||Monash University||42||PhD, Diploma, PG, UG||7.0||AUD 22000 – 62,500|
|5||University of Sydney||19||PhD, Diploma, PG, UG||6.5||AUD 65,300|
|6||UNSW Sydney||19||PhD, Diploma, PG, UG||6.0||AUD 62,400|
|7||University of Adelaide||89||PhD, Diploma, PG, UG||6.5||AUD 43,500 – 56,600|
|8||University of Western Australia||72||PhD, Graduate Diploma, PG, UG||7.0||AUD 49,500 – 54,000|
|9||University of Technology Sydney||90||PhD, Diploma, PG, UG||6.5||AUD 43,500 – 51,000|
|10||University of Canberra||421||PhD, Diploma, PG, UG||6.5||AUD 43,500 – 55,500|
Living and Studying in Australia from Bangladesh
Living and studying in Australia from Bangladesh can be an exciting and rewarding experience. Here are some important things to keep in mind:
- Visa requirements: Bangladeshi students must have a valid visa to study in Australia. To obtain a student visa, you must first receive an offer of admission from an Australian institution and meet certain eligibility criteria.
- Cost of living: Australia can be an expensive country to live in, so it’s important to budget for your living expenses in advance. You should also research scholarships and other financial aid options to help offset the cost of tuition.
- Accommodation: Most universities in Australia offer on-campus accommodation for students, but it’s important to apply early as spaces can be limited. Off-campus options include rental apartments, shared housing, and homestays.
- Health insurance: All international students in Australia must have Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) to cover the cost of medical treatment while in Australia. You should arrange for OSHC before you arrive in Australia.
- Culture shock: Australia has a different culture and way of life compared to Bangladesh, so it’s important to prepare for some culture shock. You can research Australian culture, connect with other international students, and participate in campus events to help you adjust to your new environment.
Overall, living and studying in Australia can be a rewarding experience for Bangladeshi students, but it’s important to plan and prepare well in advance to ensure a successful transition.
Best Places to Live in Australia for Bangladeshi Students
Several cities in Australia are popular among Bangladeshi students for their quality education and vibrant student community. Some of the best places for Bangladeshi students in Australia include:
- Melbourne: Melbourne is known for its world-class universities, excellent quality of life, and diverse student community. It offers various study options in business, engineering, and IT.
- Sydney: Sydney is Australia’s largest city and offers a range of universities and colleges. It is known for its stunning beaches, world-famous landmarks, and excellent job opportunities.
- Brisbane: Brisbane is a popular destination for international students, with several world-class universities and a welcoming student community. It offers a range of courses in areas such as science, technology, and business.
- Adelaide: Adelaide is a smaller city with a relaxed lifestyle and high quality of living. It has several world-renowned universities and is known for its excellent research facilities.
- Perth: Perth is a vibrant and multicultural city with various universities and colleges. It is known for its excellent weather, stunning beaches, and relaxed lifestyle.
Overall, these cities offer excellent educational opportunities, a welcoming community, and a high quality of living, making them great options for Bangladeshi students in Australia.
How to Apply for Study in Australia from Bangladesh
If you’re a Bangladeshi student who wants to apply for a study program in Australia, there are several steps you need to follow. Fortunately, there are organizations like us at Boost Education Service that can help you navigate the application process and provide valuable advice and support.
Here’s an overview of the application process with our assistance:
- Research your options: We can help you research the universities and courses you’re interested in, including admission requirements, tuition fees, and available scholarships.
- Meet admission requirements: We can help determine if you meet your chosen course’s academic and English language requirements. If not, we can advise on improving your academic or English language skills.
- Apply to the university: With our assistance, you can apply for your choice online. We will help you to create an account on the university’s application portal, fill out the application form, and submit the required supporting documents.
- Receive a letter of offer: If your application is successful, you will receive a letter of offer from the university. We can review the offer with you and help you to understand the conditions of your offer.
- Accept the offer: With our help, you can accept the offer and pay the required tuition fees. Once you’ve accepted the offer and paid the fees, you will receive an electronic Confirmation of Enrollment (eCoE).
- Apply for a student visa: With your eCoE, you can apply for a student visa online. We can guide the student visa application process, including helping you to prepare the required documents.
Overall, applying to study in Australia as a Bangladeshi student involves careful research, meeting the admission requirements, and submitting the required documents. With our help, you can confidently navigate the application process and ensure you have the best possible chance of being accepted to a top Australian university.
Visa Requirements For Bangladeshi Students In Australia
While obtaining a vis
As a Bangladeshi student, you will need a visa to study in Australia. Here are some of the requirements for an Australian student visa from Bangladesh that you need to fulfill:
- Confirmation of Enrollment (CoE): You need to have a CoE from your university or educational institution before you can apply for a student visa.
- Genuine Temporary Entrant (GTE) requirement: You need to prove that you are a genuine temporary entrant, meaning you plan to leave Australia after completing your studies. This can be demonstrated through your ties to Bangladesh, such as family, property, or employment.
- Financial requirements: You must provide evidence that you have enough funds to cover your tuition fees, living expenses, and travel costs for you and any accompanying family members.
- English language proficiency: You must demonstrate your English proficiency by providing the results of an approved English language test.
- Health and character requirements: You must undergo a health examination and provide a police clearance certificate to demonstrate good character.
- Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC): You need to purchase OSHC, a type of health insurance that provides coverage for medical expenses while in Australia.
The process of applying for a student visa can be complex, so it is recommended that you seek the assistance of a reputable education agent, such as Boost Education Service, who can guide the visa application process and help you prepare the required documents.
In conclusion, studying in Australia as a Bangladeshi student is a valuable opportunity to provide you with a world-class education and enhance your career prospects. However, the application process can be complex and time-consuming, and there are several requirements that you need to fulfill to be accepted into a university and obtain a student visa.
Fortunately, organizations like Boost Education Service can help you navigate the application process and provide valuable guidance and support. By working with an experienced education agent, you can ensure that you meet the admission requirements, prepare the required documents, and submit a strong application that gives you the best possible chance of being accepted to a top Australian university.
Studying in Australia can be a life-changing experience that opens up new opportunities and expands your horizons. With the help of Boost Education Service, you can turn your dream of studying in Australia into reality and embark on an exciting new chapter in your academic and professional journey.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the requirements for Bangladeshi students to study in Australia?
Bangladeshi students must meet the English language proficiency requirements, have a valid student visa, and provide academic transcripts and qualifications for admission to an Australian university or institution.
How much does it cost to study in Australia for Bangladeshi students?
The cost of studying in Australia can vary depending on the course, institution, and lifestyle expenses. However, on average, students can expect to pay anywhere from AUD 20,000 to AUD 40,000 per year.
Are scholarships available for Bangladeshi students in Australia?
Yes, there are various scholarships available for Bangladeshi students to study in Australia. The Australian government, universities, and private organizations offer these scholarships.
What is the average cost of living for Bangladeshi students in Australia?
The cost of living in Australia can vary depending on the location and lifestyle. However, on average, students can expect to spend around AUD 18,000 to AUD 20,000 per year on living expenses such as accommodation, food, and transportation.
What is the duration of a student visa for Bangladeshi students in Australia?
The duration of a student visa for Bangladeshi students in Australia depends on the course length they are enrolled in. It can range from a few months to several years.
Can Bangladeshi students work while studying in Australia?
Yes, Bangladeshi students on a valid student visa are allowed to work for up to 40 hours per fortnight during the academic term and unlimited hours during breaks. This can help them support their living expenses and gain practical work experience in their field of study.
How can Bangladeshi students extend their student visas in Australia?
Bangladeshi students can extend their visas in Australia by applying for a new visa before their current visa expires. However, they must provide updated information and documentation to support their application.
Is it possible to study at an Australian university without taking the TOEFL or IELTS?
IELTS or TOEFL are not required for admission to many Australian universities. IELTS or TOEFL scores, however, will boost the likelihood of receiving a visa.
What is currently the best course for Bangladeshi students to take in Australia?
The finest fields to study in Australia include engineering, medicine, architecture, and business management.
What is the Australian student visa fee from Bangladesh?
The Australian student visa (Subclass 500) fee from Bangladesh is around 650 AUD, with an additional biometric collection fee of BDT 3272.
How to apply to an Australian university from Bangladesh?
Today, students can use the university’s online application forms to enroll in classes or apply for admission from anywhere in the world, including Bangladesh. There are numerous well-known educational consulting companies in Bangladesh; they act as the official and direct representatives of Australian academic institutions. Bangladeshi students can apply through several universities to receive the finest option for studying in Australia. If you need further information or resources, those interested in studying in Australia from Bangladesh can visit our website.
How much money is required to study in Australia?
- Undergraduate courses: AUD 20,000 to AUD 30,000 per year
- Postgraduate courses: AUD 25,000 to AUD 40,000 per year
- Masters in Business Administration (MBA): AUD 50,000 to AUD 70,000 per year
- Engineering and Technology: AUD 30,000 to AUD 40,000 per year
- Medicine and Healthcare: AUD 50,000 to AUD 80,000 per year
- Arts and Humanities: AUD 20,000 to AUD 30,000 per year
- Law: AUD 30,000 to AUD 40,000 per year
- Education: AUD 20,000 to AUD 30,000 per year
- Computer Science and IT: AUD 25,000 to AUD 40,000 per year
- Architecture and Design: AUD 30,000 to AUD 40,000 per year.
Note: The cost of education in Australia varies based on the university and the course you choose. The above figures are rough estimates, and the actual cost may differ.