Why choose UK for higher education
UK education is recognised by employers, universities and governments worldwide.
- Four of the top six universities on the planet are in the UK – QS World University Rankings (link is external).
- UK research is ‘world leading’ and ‘internationally excellent’ – according to the most recent Research Assessment Exercise (link is external) in 2008, which produces quality profiles for universities and colleges by assessing research activity against agreed quality standards.
You’ll get plenty of support at university – both with settling into your course and with costs.
- Courses in the UK are generally shorter than many other countries, helping to reduce tuition fees and accommodation costs.
- You might be able to work while you study too – find out more from UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) (link is external) and The UK Council for International Student Affairs (UKCISA) (link is external)
The UK is full of different cultures, historical landmarks and amazing events to keep you entertained.
- There’s a mix of cosmopolitan cities and countryside villages all over the four regions of England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.
- You’ll find widely varied cuisine, strong transport links, famous music festivals and international sporting championships.