Study in UK From Bangladesh with ScholarshipDr Shafiq
There are various reasons for wanting to study in the United Kingdom. Higher education aspirants favor UK institutions because of their excellent educational standards, diverse course offers, academic expertise in many subjects, global reputation, and many other factors.
In global university rankings, UK institutions consistently score better. In addition, the UK provides a variety of scholarships and financial help to overseas students to guarantee that higher education is accessible to everyone. If you want to study in UK from Bangladesh, keep reading.
Why study in the UK from Bangladesh?
Bangladeshi students have numerous alternatives when studying abroad and may go to other countries to further their education. A good question is why one should study in the UK. Let’s look at some aspects that make the United Kingdom one of the greatest nations for Bangladeshi students to study.
- The global education leader: This indicates that education in the United Kingdom is of high quality, making it easier for you to get your ideal career. After graduating, students from Bangladesh may now compete in the UK for admission to their favorite universities.
- International standing: If you want to study abroad, you should choose a place where your degree will be accepted both in your own country and in other countries. Employers, colleges, and even government offices throughout the globe appreciate the quality of British education.
- Money’s worth: Universities in the United Kingdom provide good value in inexpensive undergraduate and postgraduate programs, often shorter than elsewhere. As a result, students’ tuition costs are reduced, and their living costs are reduced.
Furthermore, the United Kingdom is the best country to study abroad for Bangladeshi students. They may practice their English and learn about other cultures since students from all over the globe can be found readily.
What are the best universities for Bangladeshi students in the UK?
Students worldwide regard UK universities as some of the best for their cutting-edge teaching and research. Many universities provide diverse science, medicine, English, business, law, management, and more courses.
The institutions’ well-equipped and well-trained faculty combine academic knowledge with practical expertise to help international students build prosperous careers. An extensive range of academic options may be found at each of the institutions on the following list:
- University College London
- University of Oxford
- Imperial College London
- University of Cambridge
- University of Edinburgh
- University of Newcastle
- The University of Manchester
- Sheffield University
- University of Southampton
- Queen’s University Belfast
- University of Salford
- Birmingham City University
- Bangor University
- University of Bath
- Glasgow Caledonian University
- Cardiff Metropolitan University
- Northumbria University
- University of Central Lancashire
- Robert Gordon University
- University of Chester
- University of Greenwich
- University of Essex
- University of Winchester
- University of Portsmouth
- Kingston University
How to Apply in the UK as a Bangladeshi Student?
To apply as an international student, you must complete the following steps:
- Look at the conditions for the entrance
- By enrolling and completing an application on the UCAS website, you may apply
- Based on worldwide university rankings, choose your preferred UK institution
- You may apply for up to five different programs at UK institutions to be eligible
- Transcripts of schooling and other required documentation should be submitted
- Submit the British Council’s IELTS or English language competence exam
- Pass the entrance exam for university
- Make a personal statement and send it in
The application process for Admission
So, what is the process of studying in the UK from Bangladesh? When applying to universities in the United Kingdom, you must first choose your favorite degree and institution, then backup choices. Make sure that the application form, as well as any accompanying papers, has correct information. Waiting for the acceptance of your application is a necessary step after submitting it. You will get an acceptance letter when your application is accepted.
Documents needed to apply to a UK university
Regarding admissions, each institution in the United Kingdom has its unique set of standards. There is a nearly identical set of papers that Bangladeshi students must provide to get admission to the UK for undergraduate and postgraduate studies. The following papers were usually necessary.
- Passport scanned copy
- Scan copies of the educational mark sheet
- Scan copies of educational certificates
- A purpose statement (letter of motivation)
- IELTS certificate (scan copy) (if required)
- A letter of work experience (if required)
- Documents to back up your claim
Specific colleges may require a smaller number of documents. Some colleges, for example, exclude students from taking the IELTS test based on prior schooling.
How to study in United Kingdom from Bangladesh
To study in the UK, one must go through a lengthy process that includes several steps. Many students who qualified to study in England from Bangladesh didn’t understand these steps and didn’t get the necessary documents to the universities in time to get in. Students not only lose hope of studying in the United Kingdom, but they also lose money and time due to this.
The procedures we take to ensure your admission to study in the UK from Bangladesh are as follows:
- Step 1: Choose a program based on your past educational history and your goals for studying in the UK.
- Step 2: Find a university that offers this course at a reasonable cost in the following semesters.
- Step 3: We will meet all of the university’s admission standards on your behalf to secure your acceptance.
- Step 4: Deliver the acceptance letter from the University of the United Kingdom to verify the admission and begin the Visa application procedure.
After your acceptance has been confirmed, you may apply for a student visa in the United Kingdom. Make things as simple as possible by letting us care for everything for you.
Requirements for UK Student Visas
Students who want to receive an education in the United Kingdom and are at least 16 years old need a Tier 4 Student Visa. A qualifying Tier 4 sponsor must be awarded a seat in a program at a UK university under the Tier 4 student visa. If a point system determines your eligibility, you must fulfill the following standards.
A Short-term Study Visa must be obtained for students who want to study in the UK for a short period, such as in an English language training program. One of the most crucial things you must demonstrate when applying for a visa is that you can support yourself throughout your studies.
- If you’re going to study in London, you need to show that you have 1265 GBP/month in your bank account, or if you’re going to study outside of London, you need to show that you have 1015 GBP/month in your bank account.
- Bangladeshi students must demonstrate proficiency in English to study at an international institution in the United Kingdom. These language skills can help you excel in your lessons and navigate the United Kingdom.
- Before landing in the United Kingdom, Bangladeshi students must complete a medical examination.
- Students from Bangladesh will not be required to open a Restricted Bank Account. This sort of bank account limits how much money you can withdraw each month and only enables you to use it after you are in the United Kingdom.
What are the documents needed to obtain a student visa?
To study in the UK from Bangladesh, you’ll need to apply for a student visa via your course provider once you’ve been placed in their program. Students may apply for a visa three months before their classes start. The following are some of the criteria for a student visa in the United Kingdom:
- Your passport information
- A photograph that was taken recently
- As proof that a Tier 4 Sponsor has given you a seat on a course, you must submit a document from your course provider.
- Demonstration of good English language abilities
- You must provide proof of financial assistance
- If you’re a non-EU/EEA/Swiss student studying a sensitive field, you’ll additionally need an ATAS certificate.
It’s simple to get a UK visa from Bangladesh. Students may be eligible for a six-month short-term student visa if they desire to do a short course. For students arriving from outside the UK, the UK student visa price may cost up to BDT 41,000; switching or extending a student visa from inside the UK can cost up to BDT 56,000. If students want to take a lengthier course, they must ensure the institution has a four-tier Sponsor License. A UK visa application cost might range from BDT 42,000 to BDT 42,000.
Study in UK From Bangladesh Without IELTS
The United Kingdom has changed its education rules primarily to encourage overseas students to pursue their ambition of studying in the United Kingdom. One is to waive the IELTS English proficiency test, which isn’t necessarily done to burden students with extra jobs and obligations.
Preparing for admission to UK institutions is a lengthy and exhausting process that includes obtaining a student visa, scholarships, and health insurance, among other things. As a result, UK institutions have devised a new method of selecting qualified candidates for admission and study.
Is it possible to study abroad without IELTS from Bangladesh? Universities that don’t need IELTS to seek alternative qualifying criteria, such as:
- Students’ English grades in secondary school
- English as a Primary Language
- For the admissions procedure, you must do well in online interviews
Top Universities without IELTS in the UK
These are the top universities to study in the UK from Bangladesh without IELTS:
- University of Bristol
- University of Essex
- The University of Warwick
- Robert Gordon University
- University College London
Cost of Studying in the UK From Bangladesh
The United Kingdom is regarded for its outstanding educational standards and affordability, which is why international students pick UK institutions. The benefit is that degrees are obtained in less time than in other nations. Affordability and high educational standards are two reasons students from all over the globe go to the United Kingdom to study.
It is possible to get a degree in the United Kingdom in a shorter time than in other potential study locations. It reduces the amount of money spent on education while maintaining the same teaching and learning quality. Studying in the UK from Bangladesh cost may vary and change for international students.
- Bachelor’s Degree for Undergraduates – GBP 10,000 – GBP 20,000
- Master’s degree for Postgraduate – GBP 10,000 to GBP 20,000
- For a doctoral degree – GBP 15,000 to GBP 24,00,000
Cost of Living in the UK for Bangladeshi Students
- The expense of living in a hotel is between BDT47,000 to BDT 70,000 (GBP 400-600).
- Private housing costs between BDT 37000 and BDT 62000 (GBP320 and 530) per night, without including bills, which are generally about BDT 6,000.
UK Scholarships for Bangladeshi Students
The United Kingdom provides several scholarships to help students with different study elements. Here is the most straightforward approach to getting a scholarship to study in the UK from Bangladesh.
- The British Council scholarships for women in STEM are linked with 19 UK institutions to encourage women to pursue STEM professions. A scholarship is available to students who want to pursue master’s degrees in technology, science, engineering, or mathematics.
- For postgraduate students in the United Kingdom, there are 11 scholarships worth a minimum of £10,000 available to help defray the cost of tuition. The scholarship criteria in the United Kingdom is a one-year postgraduate program.
- Commonwealth Rutherford scholarships are available for highly talented academics interested in doing new and significant postdoctoral research.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does the UK study from Bangladesh cost?
The amount of money you spend on tuition fees is determined by the sort of degree you pursue and the university or school where you enroll. In the United Kingdom, several of the country’s most prominent colleges and institutes have their tuition policies. Furthermore, the charge is determined by where you study in the United Kingdom and your academic level.
In the United Kingdom, how much do students make?
The national average for a part-time student in the United Kingdom is £112.20 a week. However, the top 15 percent of students bring home more than £200. The students in the east of England had the highest average weekly earnings, coming in at £131.70.
How much do you need for a UK student visa?
If you haven’t been in the UK for at least a year on the date of your application, you’ll need to establish that you have enough money to sustain yourself. When deciding how much money to bring, consider where you want to study. For classes in London, you’ll require £1,334 each month (up to 9 months).
Does the UK need IELTS to study there?
It is possible to pursue a degree in the United Kingdom without an IELTS score, provided you meet other admission criteria, such as a high-grade point average, an undergraduate degree in English, or the availability of a pre-sessional language course for overseas students.
What’s the UK study age limit?
There are no age restrictions. A few college and university students are older than the average student. They demand that candidates for degree programs be 18 years old and have finished their higher secondary education, i.e., high school.
Now you are fully educated with all the knowledge necessary to study in UK from Bangladesh. If you like taking on new challenges and are eager to learn about other cultures, the United Kingdom is the place to go. You may learn more about admission and scholarships for Bangladeshi students by visiting the websites of the institutions you’re interested in.